Sunday, September 10, 2006

September Dim Sum


PleasantValleySunday, here in status symbol land. As is often the case, I was starting to make progress with an image when I had to be somewhere in a half hour.


HanicapParking. My bicycle hardly qualifies as a handicap, but this fence beside the dumpster was the best place I could find to chain it.




Guardian Lions. China Delight was the scene of this month’s culinary crime. The fu dogs in front facilitated the consumption of dim sum. According to this source :
This threatening appearance is what gives the idea that they guard against evil spirits. It is important to point out that the Foo Dog is also known as the Celestial Dog, and the Happiness Dog. The animal is a symbol of energy and value, and is often displayed in a male/female pair. The male plays with a ball that symbolizes the Earth, while the female holds a cub.
What would life be without wikipedia .
The lions are generally present in pairs, with the male on the right and the female on the left. The male lion has his right paw on a globe, which represents his "feeling the pulse of the earth." The female is essentially identical, but has a single cub under her left paw. Symbolically, the male fu dog guards the structure, while the female protects those dwelling inside. Sometimes the male has his mouth open and the female closed. This symbolizes the ennunciation of the sacred word "om."
If you look close at papa fu, you will see that his eyes are clumsily drawn in with a magic marker. I don't think these are high quality fus.



southernfriedfilk. This man facilitates these monthly sojourns into cart cuisine. Micheal is to be commended for his relentless emailing of anyone vaguely interested in sunday morning dim sum.

dailydim.Am I dim daily? I plead the fifth amendment.
The meal went off without a hitch. There were only four this month, and we were not as eager to pull everything that came by off the cart. A highlight was a shrimp and tofu patticake. Ribs, shark fin, curry fish, fried rice, egg rolls and noodles were also on the table. We managed to get out before the dessert cart came around




PartlyCloudy.It was a lovely day for a ride. The intense heat of summer is over, and it was just warm enough to be pleasant. I went exploring on my way home. I found " aw pottery" next door.


TwentyFive years ago, I worked in this space. When I went to the back today, I found a tripod.
The kudzu was in bloom at the airport on the way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home