Tuesday, September 12, 2006

corruption


Deteriorosis .A common theme on the whine sampling is comments regarding Bush bashing. As some would have it, the Bush haters will stop at nothing to bring down the president, and by extension, America.
The irony is, many of these same pundits could not say a kind thing about Bill Clinton when he was in power. Now, they say Mr. Clinton could not fight the terrorist threat because he was absorbed in the Monica Lewinsky affair. Could it be that the media bears a bit of responsibility here...that the right wing obsession with Presidential entertainment, and the resulting cries for impeachment, let Osama Bin Ladin get away alive.

Of course, it may not have made much difference. There is a school of thought that Al Queda would have continued without the presence of its mouthpiece. Has the death of Yassir Arafat silenced the Palestinians? Did the demise of Mr. Zirquawi stop the insurgency in Iraq?

This was the biggest production to date of a 9 11 anniversary. It is also an election year, and the nation is growing impatient with world war w. Next year, with no election in sight, should see much less commemoration.
God bless America's heart




911Recall
Most of my fellow bloggers are telling their 911 stories. Mine is not that dramatic. I was at work, and someone called out that someone had run a plane into the World Trade Center. I didn’t think much of it, until I heard that the second tower had been hit, then the pentagon, then the towers collapsed, then a plane crashed in Pennsylvania.
I focused on my job most of the day. There was always a lot of melodrama at that facility, and concentrating on my production duties helped to keep me sane. This was roughly the halfway point of my seven year tenure at this place, which featured an unfortunate association with a professional jesus worshipper. After the extent of the damage became known, he shouted “ They are doing this for Allah” and he prayed at his desk. After seeing just what a hateful loudmouth jesus had made him, the spectacle of him praying was revolting.
I became alienated from Jesus during these years. Where I had once been tolerant of Christians and Jesus, as one would be with an eccentric relative, I had come to loath the entire affair…and I do not make excuses for Jesus either. I hear of others who found comfort in religion during this difficult time, but that option was simply not available for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home