Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday Morning


Sunday Morning, 11:48 am.
Ministers are yelling at jesus worshippers. They are there by their own free will, leaving a quieter world for the rest of us.
My picture is starting to come together.

Saturday, I finished the model, and, as usual, the first take was garbage. Of course, I saw some changes to make at once, and sunday morning I got in the studio, started to change things, and before long I was "guided" to the right changes to make.



Performing on the cd player is Bob Dylan. The cd under the laser is "John Wesley Harding", and the song is "The ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest". After a week of dubious opinions put forth forcefully as "truth", it is fun to hear 40 year old poetry with uncertain “meaning”.
"Don’t go mistaking paradise, for that home across the road"
You have to enjoy life when you can.



According to legend, as I understand it, purgatory is a place somewhere between heaven and hell. In modern times, there is a website called Purgatorio, whose location on the internet is a bit more certain. This was the source of the above image, which started this adventure.

4 Comments:

Blogger marc said...

I like it Cam. I also like the Escher pyramid... I'm a huge fan of his work.

Jesus Worshipper Marc ;-)

6:30 PM  
Blogger chamblee54 said...

Here is one for the irony department. I working on the plans for this new picture, and some things came up that would have been too much work on do on the computer. So, I printed a copy of the plans, stapled a piece of mylar on it, plugged in the electric eraser, and determined where to put the lines by hand. I then drew the lines on the computer, printed a copy to check by hand, and had to redraw three lines. It is all for a good cause.
I also found a handful of beans in my garden tonight. This may or may not be the subject of a future post. I wonder if i could upset Frank Turk by saying that god gave me help in growing my garden.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Neil said...

chamblee, you have some interesting interests.

Jesus Worshipper Neil

9:33 AM  
Blogger marc said...

I don't think Frank would be upset by that Cam. God causes the rain to fall on the just and the unjust alike. So goes the gardens. Everything is from His hand.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home