Monday, January 15, 2007

ugly




Fairwarning This is going to be about ugly. If you are looking for beauty, and her mouthy stepsister truth, then look elsewhere. Good Luck.




cleavagealert Beauty is skin deep. Ugly is to the bone.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Ugly uses all five senses.






Aesthetics Commentary from blind muscians, one of whom is still alive.
Rahsaan Roland Kirk: I dont want to see you people, you are all too ugly.
Stevie Wonder: All I see are beautiful people.
Rahsaan Roland Kirk: You know, Stevie Wonder wants to make a lot of money, so he can have an operation and see.
Ray Charles: It's crying time again.





Oneliners She is so ugly, she could make a freight train take a dirt road.
He is so ugly, when he was born the doctor slapped his mother.
Is that your face, or did your neck throw up?



Translation French for ugly is : laid m., laide f . Can we say irony?










StuckonUgly There are some Jesus Worship blogs that I like to read. One of them recently made the lighthearted suggestion that ugly people were not welcome at the church of the other one. The recepient of this comment found this to be "the deeply offensive false accusation he keeps leveling at me."
FromTheMorning is the one standing up for the pulchritude challenged.
Pyromaniacs is the aggreived party here. They say that ugly people "are not only welcome at my church; many of us actually participate in the ministry there". Well, I believe you. I have seen the pictures.
Of course, ugly has another meaning. In fact, this is the first meaning I heard for the U word, years before i connected it to people with unpleasant faces. It is about ugly behavior. People that are mean and cruel to each other. That is ugly.
Now, Pyromaniacs has a lively dispute going on right now. While I haven't read the reams of commentary relative to the matter, It has something to do with a video which says that God loves everyone. Apparently, some folks don't think that is Christian enough.
TeamPyro has lots of disputes, and has angered a lot of people, myself included. This latest episode of trashing FromTheMorning is just the latest ugly episode involving the Pyros.FromTheMorning is a friendly, fun place, which welcomes comments from yours truely.I am banned from Pyro. *sobs*
I agree that church should not be a fashion show. Of course, I haven't been in 35 years.
Pyrodude, from the ugly behavior that I see at your blog, I have no doubt that your church is crawling with ugly people.





3 Comments:

Blogger gratefulbear said...

Interesting pics. Especially the one of Joel Osteen. I have mixed feelings about him. He seems to be the least offensive of the televangelists, and he is frequently criticized by other Christians for not being judgmental enough or for not talking about sin. Whatever. Joel seems to be saying the same thing a lot of New Age teachers are saying (positive affirmations, believe in your dreams, etc.), but using Bible verses instead of yoga sutras or Rumi poems to back up what he says. I like him, just as I like Deepak Chopra. I find them both inspiratonal at times, but I don't fully trust either of them.

9:55 PM  
Blogger MTR said...

dude, I totally missed this post. Let me read it and comment.

FTM

6:27 PM  
Blogger MTR said...

"Jesus Worship blogs"

I know the term "Jesus Worship" is sometimes used is a derogatory sense, but I like it.

As for Pyro and their debates: They've let legalism and rules (ones that men have created and not God) allow them to turn ugly.

Do you think in all that debate and theology and bickering there is room for a true God relationship? I hope so, but it sure as heck doesn't work that way for me.

They're hung up on man made rules which they try to shrink God down to. It doesn't work that way.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home