Monday, December 17, 2007

Shut up Bill O'Reilly




hohohomerryxxxxmaaasss
JWD-and with that time to get ready fo a neighborhood CHRISTMAS gathering, and not a holiday gathering
PG-I think a secular christmas is a good idea...if Jesus worshippers want to talk about their boi, that is cool, if you just want to shop and eat then that is fine too
JWD-secular - Christmas is an oxymoron
JWD-without Christmas there wouldn’t be any of this
PG-yea, but those of who that are hated by Jesus need to enjoy the holiday as well
JWD-why?
JWD-its not their holiday
PG-the birth of Jesus is nothing for me to celebrate, Jesus hates me...but I still enjoy the holiday
This bit of dialog from yesterday has got me thinking. There is a problem with Christmas.
Before I started, I need to emphasize that JWD is a good man. This polarizing of Christmas turns people against each other, and, at the very least does not create peace on earth and good will towards men.
The problem is that Christmas is a big party that I am not invited to. I can choose to ignore the religious message, enjoy the festivities, and be done with it.
But this attitude gets in the way.
PG-yea, but those of who that are hated by Jesus need to enjoy the holiday as well
JWD-why?
JWD-its not their holiday
When I was a kid, I was told if you were going to bring candy to school, you should bring enough for everyone. It is considered rude to eat in front of people without offering them some.
And yet, Jesus Worshippers routinely have a big festive Christmas Celebration in front of all the non believers, and the heathen are expected to ignore it.
This includes those who practice other religions (Including today’s whipping boy, Islam), non believers, and those who simply don't agree with Christianity. These people are not cool enough to come to the Christmas Party of the Jesus Worshippers.
Of course all is not that bad. Before Bill O"Reilly made a spectacle of himself, Christmas was for everyone who wanted to join in. If I just wouldn't think so much, It still can be for me.
I am posting some flowers tonight, and a picture of clouds. If you look closely, you just might see reindeer doing some practice flying



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home