Thursday, April 05, 2007

easter thursday




sameaseveryday The traffic on hwy 41 is always bad, but today worse than usual. I was headed to a surveying company with a load of supplies, which I would need to get a check for. This is one of the last offices where people smoke inside, and it makes one realize what a wonderful thing smoking outside is.
Anyone who says they left has never accomplished anything should ponder this... just a few years ago; tobacco users (a.k.a. druggies with special privileges) smoked their nasty stogies anywhere they wanted. That is not acceptable today, and going outside to puff is the norm.



usetwobouldersthistime Easter is about the renewal of the earth, the life that comes out of death every year this time.
Somehow, this got blown up into the mess we have today. I find myself grateful when the season is over, and we can go back to our normal lives. The good news is, Easter is not a commercial bonanza...yet... so it is mercifully brief.
During my seven year sentence of working with the professional jesus worshipper, he always seemed to have a temper fit around Easter time. Once, he took good friday off, and came into the shop and had a temper tantrum on a vacation day.
And we are having a cold snap in Georgia. If only the temperatures stay above freezing and spare the plants in my garden. Next year I might learn not to plant so early.
The above is a comment is recycled fromGratefulBear.


sheetmetalpoultry At a traffic light beside the Big Chicken, I decide to have a talk with G-d.

I: G-d, why does Jesus hate me?

G-d: I don't know.





Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger MTR said...

Wanna talk Christian? You know way more about Christ than those guys at team pyro ( I mean this ). Don't let them ruin the beauty of it for you.

-FTM

12:54 PM  
Blogger chamblee54 said...

Matt
Thank you for the kind words. The exchange of kindness and good will are far more important than doctrine.
We had a slow day at work, and I was able to see your original comment at pyropuppy. I got a good laugh. What a mean thing to say about anal sphinctors!
As for Jesus...My experience there has been miserable, and has been as long as I can remember. The noise at pyrodebris is a mere reminder of what I find repulsive about the entire Jesus thing. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is visually stunning. The photos are beautiful and tell a story better than words.

You are correct when you say that kindness and good will are far more important than doctrine. I am sorry that your experience with Jesus has been miserable and I am very sorry for the experiences you have had with Christians. I have had that same conversation with God and it took me a long time to figure out that that he doesn't hate me, but there are times when he is not very fond of me!

Sadly, many Christians are very unlike the Christ that they follow.

I've glanced around your site, is there a particular entry that explains in some detail the negative experiences that I could read? Thanks.

deborah

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home